Accessing Restricted Sites With A VPN
Unfortunately, you can't always watch your favorite shows on popular streaming sites, play online games, and access the online services you need. The main reason for this problem is your location, and the result is the blocking of sites.
Accessing Restricted Sites With A VPN
Unfortunately, you can’t always watch your favorite shows on popular streaming sites, play online games, and access the online services you need. The main reason for this problem is your location, and the result is the blocking of sites. The media restricts the use of content in certain parts of the world. This is mainly due to licensing and license fees. VPN is the ideal solution to bypass any blocking and access any content, no matter where you are. Learn from this article in more detail about a VPN and the specifics of accessing restricted sites with its help.
What Is a VPN and How Does It Work?
VPN is a virtual private network. Basically, it’s a tunnel that you create in a regular network connection. The traffic that is in this tunnel is hidden even from the provider. The provider can only see that you are using a VPN but does not know what sites you visit and what information you are looking for. When connecting through a VPN, traffic is redirected through servers in other countries, and your real IP address is replaced by the address of another location. Thanks to this, VPN allows you to bypass blocking by IP address, including when browsing is restricted on a geographical basis.
In order for everything to work as described above, the traffic is encrypted. Various technologies are used to unblock websites while maintaining data privacy. For example, an emergency shutdown when a secure connection is broken. Theoretically, a VPN provider can store all information about you. But trusted services like VeePN detail in their usage policies exactly what data they collect (e.g. email address).
Access to Site with VPN: What Content Can Be Unblocked?
There are several main reasons for blocking websites. Learn more about them to understand which websites you can access with a VPN:
- A decision made at the state level. There are many examples of how the government of a country bans certain content. Most often, access is limited to social networks and instant messengers. Various information resources may also be banned. Let’s take Reddit for example. It was blocked in many countries for various reasons, but most often the block was lifted after a couple of days or weeks. And only in Indonesia, the blocking of the website has been going on for more than 5 years. Adult sites or online gaming sites are also often sanctioned;
- Geo-blocking. Mostly, restrictions are imposed on access to streaming video services such as Netflix. This is due to the fact that the country licenses products (in this case, series and films). The difficulty is that a particular series can be presented in one country and absent in another. Or the number of available seasons, voiceover languages, and subtitles will vary. So, if you are planning a trip or moving to a country where there is geo-blocking, we recommend you install a VPN and unblock streaming platform in advance;
- Internet filters in educational institutions and companies. Sometimes the trouble may lie in the use of the public Wi-Fi of the organization where you study or work. It may have internet filters that block many sites. To unblock websites, you need to use a VPN;
- Public WiFi. Cafes, supermarkets, and airports tend to have free Wi-Fi hotspots with strict rules. The list of blocked websites may differ for various reasons. You probably won’t be able to watch Netflix, live sports, or even open Tinder. VPN can help you unblock streaming platforms or any other website.
As you can see, the reasons for blocking websites are varied and the list of content you may need access to is extensive. Install a VPN and bypass any restrictions without the slightest difficulty!
How to Start Using VPN Right Now?
If you want to unblock sites and ensure complete privacy, you need to follow five simple steps to install a VPN:
- Download the VeePN extension from the Chrome Web Store;
- Click on the appropriate icon in the upper right corner of the browser;
- Register or log in with a username and password or through one of the social networks;
- You will see a successful authentication message. Open the VPN by clicking on the icon again, select the appropriate location and connect;
- Access any content you want without any restrictions.
Thus, VPN is a virtual private network. It all time you to surf the Internet anonymously and securely, wherever you are. The VPN network protects thanks to the tunnel encryption system, through which the computer connects to the Internet, Wi-Fi hotspots, and other networks. VPN is an effective way to get fast access to blocked websites. Regardless of the reason for blocking, VeePN will help you forget about any problems in accessing content. Downloading and installing the application is an easy process that even an inexperienced PC user can handle. So, be sure that you will not have any difficulties both during installation and when using a VPN!